Our review of The Detox Kitchen Bible gets better and better – we have been really happy with how well their recipes work out. We continue this with their take on a comforting curry.
(Served above with Quinoa)
The Detox Kitchen Bible claims that the turkey and cashew curry is rich in B vitamins, Vitamin C, Potassium, Zinc, Iron, Magnesium, Slenium, Curuminoids, Tryptophan and Fibre – all great things to help you improve your heart, bones, digestion, immunity, mind and fatigue.
What we love about it – it is tasty and fills that need for a Friday takeout without the calories.
One pointer before getting started:
- the recipe requires a little marinating time (at least 20 minutes)- could be prepared up to this stage the day before
Here’s our take and adaption of this Turkey and Cashew Curry recipe.
1. Gather your Turkey and Cashew Curry ingredients
- 100g cashew nuts
- 2 ripe vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 fresh green chilli, seeded and finely diced (we used a whole red one)
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- thumb size ginger – peeled and roughly chopped (we couldn’t be bothered to peel it – extra fibre!)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 400g skinless diced turkey breast
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander (we didn’t have any handy and used mixed spice)
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g fresh or thawed frozen peas